Masculine Vintage Card

onsdag 30 maj 2012

Hi there! I hope your week has been good so far.
I received a request to make a card for a man who are about to celebrate his 65 th birthday.
I made a vintage inspired card with a bit of humor...


...the text (written by hand) says: How does the world look in 100 years? Well, we will celebrate your 29 th birthday, as usual.


I started by printing out the handsome gentleman from The Vintage Moth and layered him over papers from Prima Marketing the Printery Collection, and a sheet from an old book. All layers were well inked.


I choose a nice linen ribbon to the bow, then I added twine and a button on top. Behind you can see a doily.
I found a car in my stash and then it got to be a part.


I finished of this card with a piece of braided natural cord, I set it fixed with staples.


Now I hope that the "birthday child" like this card and get a nice day.
Thanks so much for visiting!
Hugs, Birgit


I enter this card in the following challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown - Masculine
Celebrate The Occation - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show - One for the Boys
Allsorts Challenge - Happy Birthday to Someone Special
Dream Valley - Humor
One Stop Craft Challenge - One For The Boys

9 kommentarer:

Candy C sa...

Your masculine card is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE Prima's Printery collection. You did a wonderful job of using those vintage prints on your card! Love your vintage portrait. I also love the doily and the flower with the bow that you used. You would not consider those things to be masculine but you have worked them into your card beautifully! Wonderful design! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Mummylade sa...

vilket fantastiskt kort!! Och tack för att du deltar i vår utmaning hos Allsorts den här veckan, lycka till!

Helen Berry sa...

Wow, this is fabulous - what a great masculine card! I love the vintage feel to this and the monochromatic colour combination. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Pia S sa...

Dette var et fint herrekort. Fine paper og alle elementer er satt sammen til et flott design. Likte godt tekstene, både innhold og utseende.

Lucianna Dilsaver sa...

Beautiful vintage looking card, all your details are just stunning! Thank you for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Anything Goes" challenge :)

NanaConnie sa...

Oooo, I love the combination of vintage and masculine, Birgit! Thanks for playing in the Masculine challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week and I hope we see your creative work again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Emma (metalicbutterfly) sa...

beautiful card!

Thanks for joining our 3rd birthday celebrations this week at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Shari sa...

Gorgeous vintage card with the humor twist! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley.

Esther sa...

Fantastic masculine card! Love the vintage feel!
Thanks for joining CTO this week!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS